A well-done paint job can last up to 15 years, provided you do the job well, using the best materials on the market. A good paint job has multiple plus points- starting from keeping your house in top notch condition, to protecting the investment that is your home, shielding it from the various elements of nature like sun, wind and rain showers. If this is your first time repainting your home and are looking for pointers on how to go about with the process- then we’ve got you covered. Here’s a comprehensive list on the best time to paint your house in Austin, Texas.
- Be on the lookout for warm weather:
- Late April and May might offer a hint of the warm weather to come, but nights bring freezing temperatures, and the days typically remain cool. Since most exterior paint requires an ambient temperature of about 50 degrees, painting contractors risk poor paint application if they paint during the spring. Holding off until summer temperatures have truly arrived in late June, July, August, or early September produces the best results.
- Avoid the rains:
- Waiting until dry weather arrives before starting an exterior paint job gives your home’s siding a chance to dry out after winter snow and spring rain. Waterlogged siding can compromise paint’s ability to dry properly, but we at (company’s name) can determine when your siding’s moisture has reached a workable level. We will also be able to tell you when wet weather is on the horizon and can avoid it as necessary.
- Ideal conditions:
- Summer tends to be the ideal time for painting, since it’s typically dry and warm. Since not every homeowner can paint over the summer, though, some opt to paint in early spring or into the late fall. While some contractors stretch the painting season as long as possible, quality painting contractors know that it’s important to paint at a time when weather conditions are consistent, and temperatures don’t vary significantly overnight or from day to day.
- Looking for professional help?
- DON’T STRESS, GIVE US A CALL! It might be overwhelming to think about how you are going to tackle the project of painting your house. There are a lot of steps consider if you are thinking of taking the project such as: task force, materials and supplies. Many homeowners may not know where to start or what tools they might need.
- That is where we can help! At Painters in Austin Texas, our experts will know exactly how to tackle your project so that your kitchen is painted in a timely manner and without any mistakes. Give us a call today and we will come out to your home to give you a free estimate!